Above & Beyond
Above & Beyond is an organization founded in 2007 by Teresa Ward, and it exists to equip Seers, Dreamers, and Believers to live and love Above & Beyond and to fulfill their God-given Destiny. We have created The School of Spiritual Excellence to facilitate that. Our purpose is to propel you into yours - We are Destiny Fulfillment Coordinators!
Our main focus is to help people understand the multitude of ways that God communicates. Not only does He speak in and through His Word (The Bible), and through people, but He also speaks in Dreams, Visions, Trances and Natural Circumstances.
God very often speaks metaphorically, and we feel if we can help you understand His symbolic language, you will be able to hear and understand Him more personally and more specifically. Our desire is to help you discover the hidden treasures God has specifically for you so you will be infused with hope that will send you on an intimate journey with your loving Heavenly Father.
Above & Beyond was founded on Ephesians 3:14-21 ~ 14) For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, 15) from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, 16) that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, 17) that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18) may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height— 19) to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. 20) Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above [ABOVE & BEYOND!] all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, 21) to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.
Unless otherwise noted, scripture on this site is taken from the New King James Version. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc. Used by permission. All rights reserved.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
- WE BELIEVE the Bible to be the infallible Word of God, that it is His holy and inspired Word, and that it is of supreme and final authority. [2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:20-21]
- WE BELIEVE in one God, eternally existing in three persons—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. [Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; John 14:26; Philippians 2:5-7]
- WE BELIEVE Jesus Christ is both God and Man. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. He led a sinless life, took all our sins upon Himself, died and rose again. Today, He is seated at the right hand of the Father as our High Priest and Mediator. [Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4;
2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15].
- WE BELIEVE water baptism by full submersion and that it is an outward act that demonstrates a believer's identification with the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus. [Matthew 28:19, Matthew 3:13-17; Romans 6:3-6]
- WE BELIEVE Holy Communion is a celebration of Jesus’ death and our remembrance of Him. [1 Corinthians 11:24-25]
- WE BELIEVE God goes Above & Beyond all you can ask or imagine [Ephesians 3:20]...We believe God IS Love and He loves all people. We believe He desires to heal, touch, deliver and empower every person.
- WE BELIEVE all people everywhere have sinned and need to come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ through His shed blood on the cross or they will live eternally without God. We believe you do that by simply believing in Jesus as the Son of God and confessing that with your mouth. We believe it is a FREE GIFT from God and there's NOTHING you can do to earn it...We believe Jesus paid the price for your gift and He simply wants you to simply believe it and receive it with gratitude.
- WE BELIEVE God is the same yesterday, today and forever and that He still speaks in dreams, visions, trances and natural circumstances. We believe God is a VERY personal God and desires to communicate with each person in unique ways. We believe, however, His communication will never contradict His written Word - The Bible. We believe His loving, personal nature never changes, but His methods of communicating may - We believe God can speak ANY WAY HE CHOOSES and that He alone is God and determines that. There are over 8,200 metaphorical references and figures of speech in the Bible and God still uses a myriad of ways to communicate.
- WE BELIEVE God still performs signs, wonders, miracles, healing, and deliverance because God is the same yesterday, today and FOREVER and He still desires to communicate, heal and set people free.
- WE BELIEVE Christians should live Above & Beyond. We believe Jesus died for us, so we should live for Him. We believe it's a "get to live holy" not a "have to live holy", because we believe God's promises and rewards are true and we live holy because we love God, not because of a list of rules.
- WE BELIEVE Christians should love Above & Beyond. We love others because God does and we show them His love when we love them.
- WE BELIEVE everyone has a spiritual destiny from God that goes Above & Beyond. We believe you find it by searching for God, not your destiny...when you search for God with all your heart, we believe your destiny finds YOU.
- WE BELIEVE integrity and character are far more important than how gifted or skilled a person is.
- WE BELIEVE in GRACE. We believe a correct understanding of what God's grace is will propel you to live holy and you will not excuse your behavior or justify your sin.
- WE BELIEVE there are no perfect people. We believe if you mess up, simply fess up (confess) and it's forgiven by God if you mean it.
- WE BELIEVE financial giving is between an individual and God and that emotional manipulation (promises for giving, begging, desperate sad stories, etc.) is simply witchcraft and is wrong! WE BELIEVE if you are honest, accountable & are feeding people the living Word of God, GOD HIMSELF will move on people's hearts to give. WE BELIEVE there is a difference between informing and promoting. GOD ALONE promotes what He desires to succeed. We are simply to inform people and let them decide if they want to participate.
- WE BELIEVE IN YOU! You are important to God and to us. We desire to provide teaching and resources that will equip you to become all God has created you to be!